SharePoint 2013 – Index lookup failed to work since no active index cell was available

Got this error in the ULS logs when I went to run a Full Crawl on my Single Server SharePoint 2013 installation – well three server really (SharePoint, Office Web Apps and Database).  At the same time I was getting a warning triangle against my Index Partition and for some reason against my Admin Component and also the Searchable Items was saying “All Errors” .  Also when doing a search I was getting the “Oops Something went wrong” After not finding any real help on the Internet, I simply decided to reset the index.  This certainly cleared the Partition and Admin Component errors but I was still getting the search query error.

So I simply logged onto the server and restarted the Search Service 15 process via the Services.msc.  This seemed to clear the errors and now everything is working just fine.

Not necessarily a great solution for a production environment, but for demos and POCs it’s just fine.

Cheers

Dave Mc

Advertisements

About davemcmahon81
Software Developer & Architect, User Group Leader, Speaker, Writer, Blogger, Occasional Guitarist, Man-made Global Warming Sceptic, Climate Change Believer, General Optimist but most of all proud Husband and Dad ...

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: